Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where has January gone?


January usually is such a LONG, DARK, COLD month for me. I am not a fan of January. As I was doing lesson plans this weekend, I realized January has flown by this year. Wow.... we have been busy with basketball this month. Tayler's team is playing in an Ogden league. They have won both of their games. The girls have really pulled together this year. It has been really fun to watch the improvement they have made this year. Makayden's team is playing in a Mountain Crest league. They have won both games too. Not, that winning matters, but is sure has been fun to watch :)

We also signed Kayden up for Jr. Jazz, he has missed about all of the games and practices because they have over lapped with his other league and he can only be in one place at one time. This week he played at 9:00 and 1:00 so we had enough time to make both. Well, after his first game we were hungry so we went to Village Inn. I had to stop at Walmart and get eggs and molasses for an Egg-cellent Osmosis lab this week at school. While we were in Walmart, Tayler and I found some more cute Webkinz so we had to buy all the kids another one. We were in Walmart for a while (that happens to me a lot). Anyway, we had to rush to make it to Kayden's game in Tremonton. We thought it was at the Alice C Harris school, but it wasn't, it had been changed to the middle school. Anyway, he was about 15 minutes late. His team lost by 5 points. I think Kayden had fun playing though. He just loves to play sports.

Last night Ryan and his Dad went to the Jazz game with ATK. They got watch it from the "Special Box". Tayler, Kayden and I watched Harry Potter. I have had a sinus infection and it felt good to stay home and rest. Kenzie went sledding and to the movie with her friend Victoria. She was in heaven.

We had to buy a new TV this week. Our nice TV lost its sound. It is no fun watching TV with out sound. I love our new TV. Our other one was not HD. It has been fun having the new one with such an awesome picture.

I have a new calling as the 8 year old activity day leader. It is Kenzie's group. It has been so fun. We made friendship bracelets last week and talked about how we are all different and we should use our different qualities to make us stand out. And we should be nice to others and respect their differences. The girls made such different bracelets, even though they all had the same beads. It was so fun to watch. I love my partner I work with too. She is so much fun. I am really excited about this calling.

6 comments:

Sherri Madson said...

Sounds like you had an eventful weekend too! Crazy, but it does make the time fly by fast!

Courtnie said...

Jamie, I have been an activity day leader for 3 years now and love it! You will have so much fun with those girls!

Shelli Roholt said...

sounds like a fun and busy january and a lot like how ours has panned out! i hope you have fun in your new calling!!! thanks for being a great neighbor and i hope you get feeling better!!!!!, i am home today sick with a sinus infection and possibly the flu ugh i hate being sick!!!!

Lisa said...

I have that calling too. We'll have to exchange ideas!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got a new TV and that is all I have to say today!!

The Holmgrens said...

Yeah, you must be busy, I don't think I have seen you all month! Sorry you've been sick.