Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Monday Night With Makayden
Monday when I got home from school, Kayden couldn't stand up straight. He told me he had had a pain in his side all day. He told me hurt worse when he tried to run around at break. Well, I am thinking it is his appendix. I took him to the ER and that is what they thought too. They did some blood work and his white blood cell count was not up. They said that didn't mean it wasn't his appendix. They then did an ultra sound. They couldn't see his appendix but he did have fluid in his pelvis. I guess you get fluid there when you have an infection. Then they decided to do a CAT scan. Poor kids, he had to get and IV and other fun stuff to get the contrast in his blood stream. Well, come to find out he has 3 swollen lymph nodes and a viral infection ( I can't remember the name) but he has to just fight it off himself. It should pass in about 10 days. He is not contagious so he went back to school today. Poor kids, he is trying to be so tough. He doesn't want to be sick. I keep finding him trying to run and play. He isn't suppose to run or lift for things for 10 days. He had to excused from PE and recess until Friday. That is like the worst for Makayden. They were out of blue ID bracelets and tape at the hospital so Kayden had to get pink and those of you who know Kayden know how traumatic that was. Ryan could barely get him to let him take this picture! Get Better Buddy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Poor Kayden...hope he starts feeling better soon.
Oh sad! Poor kiddo! I hope he starts feeling better soon so that he can run around again! I just noticed I don't think you got added to my blog. If you want to send your email to me at hot_pink_poke@hotmail.com I would love to add you.
That totally stinks! But, I am sure glad he is back at school and getting better!
Getting excused from recess would be a dream come true for my daughter, but for an active boy?! Aaaugh! I bet it's torture! I hope he gets feeling better.
Poor Kaden! Hope he gets feeling better soon!!
Post a Comment