Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 3: Florida

Day three was my favorite day of the trip. It was the day of the Shuttle Launch! Ryan and I had to meet the tour bus at the mall in Cocoa Beach. My Mom and the kids went to the beach to watch the Shuttle Launch. My Mom said she could have stayed at the beach all day. I didn't realize how nice the beaches are. They really are cooler temperature wise. I don't think I ever have been to the beach until this trip.

Ryan and I went to the Causeway at the Kennedy Space Center to watch the shuttle. There were a lot of people there. They had food and things to buy there too. We were three miles away from the Shuttle and right out on the ocean. It was pretty neat. Especially since there is only going to be three maybe four more shuttle launches. Ryan bought me a hot dog for lunch while we were there, it actually was really good.

It was the shuttle Atlantis 32 trip to space and her last scheduled launch. It was so awesome to watch. It happened a lot slower then I thought. It was so neat to see all the smoke and see the light....then the shuttle started lifting off. The light was seriously so bright it made my eyes hurt to look at it. Then the sound came. You seriously could actually feel the sound coming toward you and you could see the waves on the ocean. Then the ground started rumbling. It was just a very neat experience. I was so glad Ryan let me come along.

It took us 2 and 1/2 hours to get back out of the traffic and get to the kids! There were so many people there! We stopped at a diner to eat so we could get out of the traffic. The food there was so good. They had Kenzie draw a picture for them and then they hung it up. She thought that was pretty cool.

After dinner we went to Ron Jon's to do some shopping. That is a neat store. Then we stopped at the beach and the kids played in the waves again. The kids absolutely loved the beach. It was one of their favorite parts of the trip.

Walking down to the beach


Tayler's footprints


Tayler and Kenzie






Kenzie's art work hanging up at the diner.

No comments: