Monday, June 07, 2010

The Last Day of School

Here is a picture of Kenzie's and Kayden's last day of school. Kayden had a baseball tournament in Idaho Falls on the last day of school, so Kayden and Kenzie missed the last day and headed up to Idaho Falls. Tayler and I went to school. Tayler went to a friends house after school and then I picked her up and we headed up to Idaho Falls. Tayler got the best science student award at the awards assembly. I could not be more proud. We got there for the last half of the second game. It was a cold and rainy day for ballgames. Saturday was a little better. Here is also a picture of the first day of school this year...
Last Day of School, June 2010
This Year:
Tayler: Tayler gets the responsible student award. I never have to ask her to get her homework finished. She does it on her own. She even does her projects and types her papers. She loves school and loves doing a good job. I have just been so impressed with the responsibility she has shown this year. She has been a very good worker around our house as well. She fixes dinner a lot and watches her brother and sister. I am getting to the point, I am not sure I can manage without her. She also was a great help when it came to moving my classroom this year.
Makayden: Makayden gets the friendliest child award. Everywhere we go people tell me what a great kid he is and how nice he is to their child. I think this year Kayden has just gotten friendlier. He says "hi "to kids at the grocery store, up town, where ever we are. He even took my binders to school to hand out to the kids in his class who didn't have one. Of course, I was a little mad when I found out....
Kenzie: Kenzie gets the hardest working award. She is one who struggles in school. I think it all goes back to being a preemie. This girl has made some big improvements this year. She worked really hard last summer on reading. She finally got up to grade level this year. Then she went past it! This girl LOVES to read now. She is still not the greatest fan of school work, she loves the social part of school, but this girls LOVES to read. Her favorite store is boarders. It is amazing what this girl has done!
What a great year, I am so proud of you all!!
What a year full of adventure, changes, struggles and learning.....
First Day of School August, 2009

No comments: