Wednesday, June 23, 2010

South Dakota Road Trip Day 3

Day 3: June 19, Twenty Ten
Destination: South Dakota (elevation 3,202 feet)
Distance: 0 Miles
National Forests Visited: Black Hills National Forest

Today was a great day for one reason.... no driving! We stayed in South Dakota the entire day and at the same hotel. It was nice to be out of the car! We started the day at Bear Country. This was most of the kids favorite thing on the trip. They totally loved it! I can not believe how many dang bears they have there. Ryan wore his Bear shirt in honor of the bears! (I don't think he really planned it.) After Bear Country we went to Crazy Horse. It was pretty neat to see. I really am glad we watched the orientation video there, I didn't really know what it was. It was neat to learn about Sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski and his family. It is really amazing what they have done. It was a really neat place to visit. We ate at the Laughing Waters Restaurant, it has a big window and you can see the mountain carving while you eat. After Crazy Horse, we went back to Mt. Rushmore to take some pictures, like I mentioned earlier. Then we took the kids swimming at the Water Park that was located inside the hotel. It was pretty neat, very humid but the neatest indoor swimming thing I have been to. It was dark inside the pool area so the pictures didn't turn out too great.

Here are some more websites as well: Crazy Horse and Bear Country

1 comment:

Sherri Madson said...

I didn't even realize that was Ryan....just thought it was a random bear at the park...glad you explained! J/K!!