We got up early and had breakfast at the hotel. Ryan said no sleeping in like the kids and I had been doing all summer. We got up at 7:00! That is early compared to 10:00, which is what the rest of the family is use to. We then went and visited Brigham Young's Winter home and the St. George temple. I had never been to either one. It was all very interesting. I had no idea about the saints forming a community down there and raising cotton and all that. The kids loved walking through Brigham's house. The sister giving the tour was so cute. She kept telling us, "imagine Brigham walking here." Then she showed us the doors to the balcony upstairs and said, "On Brigham's 75 birthday the band came and played for him out on the street. Brigham walked right here out those doors to listen to them. Just imagine him standing there listening". I could practically feel him standing there. She was so spritual and we all felt the spirit. It was a neat experience.
We then drove through Zion National Park. It was beautiful. It was also the centenial celebration this day. Bonus... our admission was free! Wow, we planned that good! I love looking at national parks and seeing all the different landscapes, landforms and wildlife. It just makes me love and appreciate Earth even more. In one of my Evolution classes at Utah State, there were a lot of us "Mormons" having a hard time with the concept. We had a way awesome teacher. He was also a mormon. He gave us an article from a BYU proffessor. I wish I would have kept it, it was wonderful. It stated in there, that the world around us is just God's journal. The Earth is his history and record of all that he has created for us. I love that thought. It has made me appreciate this Earth, life and my Heavenly Father even more.
We then went to the Grand Canyon. It is beautiful. I don't even think I can describe it... it is something everyone should experience for themselves. We hiked on some of the trails and went to the look out areas. We then let the kids shop at the gift store. We then went to Jacob's Lake and ate. They have wonderful food there. Then we drove over to Page, Arizona to our hotel. The drive from the Grand Canyon to Page was beautiful! We passes some Cliff Dwellers who sell things from a store in the rocks. We then stopped at the Navajo Bridge and walked around there for a while. Tayler and Kenzie got some neat braclets there. We then went swimming in the hotel and to bed.
This is Kenzie's journal entry:
I had fun I went to Brigham Yong house,and went to the tempile, (it was so wite) and went to the grand kanyn. So you see I have had fun! So back to the grand canyan it was cool and it was huge so bye!!!!! and I had fun with my family!!!! (She put a bunch of hearts on her paper).
Cotton
Zion National Park
Arizona State Line
The Grand Canyon
This is a chipmunk we found on a trail
Resting after hiking all over the place
Wildlife in the Grand Canyon
Drive to Page Arizona
Cliff Dweller Store
Navajo Bridge






1 comment:
What a fun vacation, I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment