Monday, August 03, 2009

Grand Canyon Vacation Day 4

So I posted the following on Day 1, but for it all to make sense I am posting the following again!

Ryan and I were talking last weekend and we realized this last weekend was the last weekend before football starts! We decided we better hurry and plan a vacation!! We decided to go to the Grand Canyon, neither of us had been there before. So we planned the trip real quick! We left on Thursday, July 30. I am such a geek (no comments please) I made my kids these packets for the trip. They were on the Grand Canyon and Four Corners. Then I printed a bunch of activities for them to do in the car. I printed them each a travel journal. I am going to include some of that in my posts as well. I am going to use their spelling and everything...fyi

August 2:
Today we slept in! We had breakfast and then started our drive to Moab, Utah. I absolutely love Moab! It is so different from here, I think that is why, I like the change. We went on a couple of hikes, then ate lunch and then we headed over to Arches National Park. (Our annual park pass has really come in handy by now!) We walked out to the Delicate Arch look out and it was sooo hot (100 degrees) and the wind was hot as well, I felt like I was going to pass out. It was awful. We just drove around the rest of the time. Then we headed for home. We got home at about 8:30. It was about a 1000 mile trip in three days, but it was a lot of fun and so worth it! My kids were so good the entire time! I was so impressed! What a great family vacation! It is nice to be home.

Makayden's Journal entry for the entire trip (he is quite the writer!)
Day 1: nothing
Day 2: I had lots of fun. We saw the temple it was white. We saw the Grand Canyon.
Day 3:We had so so so much fun at four corners. I got a necless. Then we went out to eat at old timers resteront.
Day 4: I went to the Arches

Wow he is going to be a journalist one day!! Silly kid giving out so much information like that!

Wilson Arch







Balanced Rock

Delicate Arch

Tayler and Makayden were going to climb this but the sand was way too hot!

1 comment:

TP said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Great pics!